Monday, February 27, 2012

Greeting Conversation

To greet someone you never met

There are many ways we can greet someone.Here we'll learn the most common expression to greet someone.

Greeting someone we never met:
Hi, my name is Deniz. It's nice to meet you.
You can respond by saying
It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Serigne.
Another very common question to ask is
What do you do for a living.
You can respond by saying,
I work at a Power Project.
I work at a Bank.
I'm a doctor. 
etc
To greet someone you met before but you don't see each other in a long time.
Priyanka: Hey Saachin how have you been (OR what have you been up to??)??!!!!!
Saachin : What a surprise. I haven't seen you in a long time. How have you been???!!!!!!!!
Priyanka: I'm getting well. How about you.
Saachin : well, finally I have some free time. I just finished taking a important project and I'm so relieved that I'm done with it.

next we'll learn some idioms related to this conversation. so keep following.............


No comments:

Post a Comment