Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Conversational Idioms


Let's today we learn some idioms that will make our communication more attractive.Even the the native speakers frequently use these sort of idioms when they speak.

Idiom one: Be bored to death.
Meaning: to be extremely bored.
Example: suppose you are asked, what are you doing?
then you can respond by saying, Nothing indeed. I am bored to death.
question: Hey Sameera, how is your new job going on??
answer: Oh I'm not doing well, I'm bored to death.
more example:
I was bored to death because I had nothing to do, let's try to do something.
we should be busy than bored to death.

Idiom two: Got to be kidding.
Meaning: If I say, you've got to be kidding then I mean, you are joking or making fun and you are not serious.
Example:
Kirill: Hi Laura, do you know Gabor is going to marry a girl, who is three years older then him.
Bochkin: you've got to be kidding me. It's not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment